Tattoos breaking out?

You want to know how to treat your freshly inked tattoo? How do I find the right motif for my next tattoo? What is ....

Moderator: Tattootalk-Team

Tattoos breaking out?

Postby BMXICAN on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:48 am

Hi, I'm new here. I just had a question. I have quite a few tattoos, including a chest piece. My question is, does anyone else ever get a sort of rash or break out on your tats.

It happens mostly on my chest piece. Any idea of why and what to do so it goes away? Thank you! :D
BMXICAN

Postby shootmenow on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:34 pm

it sounds to me like you are clogging your pores with ointment, try and use less ointment when healing the tattoo.
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for what I am not.

http://www.needlemasters.com
shootmenow

Postby toby on Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:20 pm

As yimmy said :to much ointment or aftercare products can irritate the healing process.
But if you mean a repeating rash on an old tattoo you might be allergic to one or more colours...
-also to much sunlight or tanning can irritate a tattoo
"You give a little love and it all comes back to you..."
toby

Postby mac on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:36 pm

one of my old tattoos tend to swell up every once and a while its like a scarring or allergic reaction to the ink from what i can tell because it will only do it now and again
im fairly sure it was a crap ink as the artist was a blow through who did not last long in town i also had a bad reaction to some coloured inks he had the itching was terrible and his black work is the main one that swells reacts the most im fairly sure its either his own mix or his black was drawing ink not for dermal application
thats why he didnt last long he was not very good or our single local artist may have had a word or 2 and ran him out of town after seeing some of his work :wink:
mac

Postby Shmea on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:20 pm

I have had that happen occasionally too. Never seems to be much of a problem though

"We are the people our parents warned us about."
Shmea
The Sexy Bat Girl Admin

Postby BMXICAN on Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:56 pm

I´ve had the tattoo for over a year. It´s not new. It just breaks out, especially right on the outline.

Also, a reaction to ink I´ve had. One of my tats has a red in it that made me itch for awhile! But afterwards, I switched inks and it´s no longer a problem.

Anyway, I just wanted to see how to get rid of the break out...
BMXICAN

Postby emopunker26 on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:12 am

BMXICAN wrote:I´ve had the tattoo for over a year. It´s not new. It just breaks out, especially right on the outline.

Also, a reaction to ink I´ve had. One of my tats has a red in it that made me itch for awhile! But afterwards, I switched inks and it´s no longer a problem.

Anyway, I just wanted to see how to get rid of the break out...

Just kidding. :lol:
When an artist creates.. the art he creates belongs not just to him... but to the whole world .. - kyle brovlovski
emopunker26

Postby BMXICAN on Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:01 am

LMAO! :lol:
BMXICAN

Postby HURACAIN on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:46 am

hi not sure if simular to this . but if the outline somtimes stands on end and itchy .red ect . it could of been a badly done tattoo the needle whent to deep and has made alot of deep scar tishue under the skin. its hard to exsplain because the pain isnt ther al the time.only noticeble if u rub it or catch it wrong against somthing wile its in this inflamed state. u know like catching ya nipple wrong on a cold day :)the pain the pain lol nipple cripple :) other reason is reaction to the ink . but if your not dead by now of toxic shock . or ther isnt a continues scab over and over as the toxins are trying to leave the body . then it might be the scar tishue harding and trying to repair but canot .
its the buzz that keeps u inking that skin.......
ok i am deslexis .so i might spell the same word five ways all wrong . lets just say i am creative .???
HURACAIN

Return to Questions and Tips